Gym designed for those on autism spectrum and families – Cincinatti.com
A former special education teacher has brought what is believed to be the first open-play concept gym in Ohio for those on the autism spectrum to the Columbus area.
We Rock The Spectrum, 1250 E. Powell Road, Lewis Center, opened several weeks ago, according to co-owner Lyndsey Vidra.
“It has gone really well,” Vidra said. “A lot of families have visited. It gives families a chance to play together and kids (on the spectrum) to be social with others.”
According to the center’s website, the following features are offered:
• Suspended equipment with swings – for balance and vestibular treatment
• Crash mats and crash pillows – for fun, motor planning, and strength
• Zipline – for stress release and joint and body relaxation
• Trampoline – for building leg and core strength
• Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
• Sensory-based toys – for improved auditory processing and fine motor skills
• Fine Motor and Arts and Crafts Area – for improved hand-eye coordination
Oak Creek Center, 1250 E Powell Rd, Lewis Center, OH 43035
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTERSUBSCRIBE
Subscribe to get the latest updates on events, classes, and more!